Laura’s Lemony Turmeric Tea
If you’re looking for a tea to relieve bloat, to help with constipation, or to get things moving in the morning…this is it! I love this tea for relieving bloat and making my tummy feel safe, comfy, and loved. Seriously. It’s like a warm hug to your belly. Ladies, this tea is amazing during that time of the month! Bye bye cramps! I must admit though, I make this tea whenever! Because it’s delicious, it’s got numerous benefits to my health, and well… it’s TEA.
Let’s look at a few reasons why this tea is excellent for your health:
+ Turmeric can help people feeling mildly depressed
+ Turmeric and ginger reduce inflammation in the body
+ Turmeric is excellent for your skin
+ Turmeric and ginger support normal digestion
+ Turmeric and ginger both act as natural pain-killers
+ Ginger greatly improves digestion
+ Ginger naturally reduces symptoms of nausea
My lemony turmeric tea is an excellent remedy for me – whether I’m feeling down, bloated, inflamed, or sickly.
So let’s make this tea!
- 4 turmeric root, shredded
- 1 inch of ginger root, shredded
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 16 ounces water
- cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- Shred the ginger and turmeric, or crush the turmeric and ginger root with a mortar and pestle.
- Add the cinnamon stick, shredded ginger, shredded turmeric, and lemon slices to a small pot with 16 ounces of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the tea and serve.
- Add honey if desired, and enjoy!