Frothy and Creamy Matcha Latte
If you’re looking for the perfect matcha latte – creamy and smooth, but with a fat layer of foam on top – then you have come to the right place! I know everyone enjoys their drinks and lattes a little differently, hence the great amount of matcha latte recipes you’ll find on the great worldwide web! But I believe that just about anyone is going to agree with me that this one is. the. best!
You can leave out the honey, or add more honey. Use coconut sugar or maple syrup instead of honey, if that’s your jam. If you find it too bitter, reduce the amount of matcha powder; or increase it if you’re into that bitter taste. Collagen is the bomb, so don’t mess with that. Coconut butter is going to give you a healthy dose of FAT, which you neeeeeed. Don’t dis the fat, yo! If you don’t have coconut milk, blend a spoonful of coconut butter with some water and you’ve got the whitest and prettiest coconut milk that you’ve ever laid eyes on! Seriously.
Alright, let’s get that foamy, creamy matcha latte in your hands!
- 1 c hot water
- ½ c full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 ½ tsp matcha powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Heat up the water in a tea kettle or small saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients to a blender (you can also use an immersion blender).
- Add the hot water to the blender, and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour your creamy and frothy matcha latte into your favorite mug, and enjoy!